Bathtubs and the American Standard Company—has there even been a better pair? American Standard’s bathtub lines have become the de facto tubs of choice for major remodeling companies, bathroom designers, and hoteliers. They’re literally almost everywhere you go. If you’re in the market for a new bathtub, then the Cambridge line of tubs is worth a look.
Upscale, sturdy, and always roomy enough to make you feel like royalty, American Standard’s bathtubs have been a mainstay for ages. Their Cambridge line of tubs is one of their premier model lines for both commercial and personal use. Knowing a little more about this line of tubs can help you figure out if it’s the right choice for you in your new remodeling project.
Why Choose This Bathtub Over Others?
The Cambridge line of bathtubs are designed to be luxurious, in a more traditional and “old school” way. If you’re looking for a bathtub that looks like it would fit well in a countryside spa setting, then you’ll enjoy the pristine beauty of the Cambridge line. Its elegant lines, simple appearance, and installation ease make it a favorite.
Luxury is the name of the game with the Cambridge collection, in every single way. If you’re considering getting a bathtub that has whirlpool capabilities, the American Standard Cambridge has a couple of whirlpool options that include movable jets and multiple points of HydroMassage pressure for added comfort. That said, even their standard bathtubs are great.
The real pull of this line, though, is the material that the bathtubs are made of. Rather than standard acrylic, the Cambridge tub line is composed of Americast. Americast is a specialty material made of layers of high-grade enamel, steel, and a leakproof composite base. It’s lighter than cast iron, and remains spotless for ages.
American Standard Cambridge Tub: Top Features
Thought those were the only things you get to look forward to with an American Standard Cambridge bathtub? Not quite. These ultra-luxury tubs are some of the most feature-heavy models in the American Standard brand. Some of the most popular things to note include:
- Whirlpool Options: The spa quality of a massaging whirlpool can be yours if you get a Cambridge! Whirlpool models offer a 1.5 horsepower motor that propels water through the jets. Your body will thank you for this option.
- Spotless Tub: Tired of having to scrub and toil away at cleaning your tub after a long, product-filled soak? Cambridge baths are treated with EverClean, which reduces the amount of cleaning time you need in order to get your tub spotless.
- Slip-Proof Textured Floors: Despite it being easy to clean, you don’t have to worry about slipping in the tub with a Cambridge.
- Built For Easy Installation: If you’re worried about doing a DIY installation, getting a Cambridge tub is a good choice. They are designed to be lightweight and easy to work with, even if you’re only remodeling with one other person’s help.
- Mold Resistance: Though this is especially important with whirlpool designs, it’s good to know that all bathtubs that are built under the Cambridge umbrella are made using a mold-proofing finish. For homeowners, that means that you won’t need to worry about a mildewy smell.
- Elegant Design. Interior designers adore the Cambridge line because they offer a deep tub depth without losing out on a beautiful design. This line of bathtubs focuses on the simplicity of things, which means that you don’t have to worry about excess lines or slopes that “steal the show” of a bathroom’s main focal point.
Is It ADA-Compliant?
This all depends on the specific model that you’re looking at. The Cambridge line does have several ADA-compliant whirlpool baths that are excellent for people who struggle with mobility issues as well as pain management. Most of their standard, jet-free tubs, though, are not ADA-compliant.
Our Final Take
When it comes to luxury bathtub design, it’s hard to come close to the wonderful work American Standard was able to do with their Cambridge collection. Along with gorgeous layouts, each tub is made with lightweight, easy to clean AmeriCast for added durability.
You won’t find a professional who hates the Cambridge line. Bathroom remodeling companies like this line because they’re easy to install. Interior designers love them because they’re gorgeous. Oh, and spa professionals? They love them because they are oh, so soothing!
Though standard tubs in this line are excellent, we can’t help but suggest upgrading to their whirlpool options—especially if you want to have an ADA-compliant tub. Regardless of which tub model you decide to choose, it’s safe to say that you will find a superb match as long as you choose the Cambridge line.