If you’ve ever gone to an upscale spa or spoken to a professional bathroom designer, you already know that getting the right bathtub or shower is only half the battle. Sure, a good tub adds a special layer of comfort that you can’t ignore—but it’s not the be-all, end-all. A good showerhead matters just as much! Kohler’s name in bathroom design and bathroom technology is one that needs no introduction.
The quality you can expect from them always makes them a safe bet. But, what about the details of their shower head series? Lately, people have been starting to talk about their Converge Shower Head. Is it really all it’s cracked up to be? This 2-in-1 shower head and hand shower offers up a lot of promise, and we’re loving it. Here’s why you will, too.
Why Choose This Shower Head Over Others?
The Kohler Converge isn’t just a shower head. It’s a dual-action shower head and hand shower combination set that goes from handheld to standard in an instant. With its five different spray styles and three different cleansing settings, the Converge offers up an experience that most of us would only get in a spa.
Bathers who want to get that extra-luxe feeling will adore the gentle massage setting, while people who need a more thorough clean will want their complete cleanse setting, while gentle rinse finishes off the job. When you combine the settings with the easy-to-use magnet-lock design, it’s a shower head you won’t want to be without. The best part about the Kohler Converge is that it’s designed to be easy to install. Thanks to Kohler’s engineering team, you won’t have to worry about needing to buy tools for the gig, either.
The Kohler Converge is remarkably feature-filled for a shower head. If you’re looking to get one, expect to enjoy these awesome features:
- 5 Different Sprays. The sprays include silk, full coverage, silk plus, infinity, and infinity plus. Each spray offers a different sensation. According to users, the sprays are all rather light and gentle, which offers a nice massage without it being too rough on skin.
- Easy Install and Switch. A 60-inch metal hose is part of your shower head’s design and is included in the kit. No tools are necessary for the installation of this shower head.
- 1-Click Spray Control. Want to get a better spray? The Kohler Converge has single-button spray control to make it possible. You can switch from spray to spray by just clicking the button.
- ScratchShield Technology. Tired of seeing your shower head looking dinged-up after a year of use? The nickel-plated finish on this shower head won’t budge thanks to ScratchShield technology, which is designed to prevent scratches that could tarnish the look of your shower.
- Works With All Standard Fittings. If you are looking for a shower head that works with most fittings, this is it. As long as you have a ½ inch NPSM connection, you’re good to go.
- While Kohler is known for having high price-ticket items, their Converge shower head is more affordable than most of the other models. If you’ve been wanting Kohler quality without a typical Kohler price, this is it.
Is It ADA-Compliant?
Though the Kohler Converge Shower Head does have a detachable hand shower, it’s not considered to be ADA-compliant. If you are mildly mobility-impaired and don’t necessarily require an ADA-compliant shower head, this could be a good option for you. However, if you are in need of an ADA-compliant shower head, we strongly discourage you from choosing the Converge. The Converge doesn’t have the “low standing” aspect that regular ADA-compliant shower heads have, which can pose an issue for people who are confined to a wheelchair. There are other options out there for you that are better suited for your needs.
Our Final Take
The Kohler Converge is a shower head that is doing its best at offering a lot of bang for your buck. It has an elegant look, feel, and an excellent way of getting that luxurious, multi-option spa experience that people love to indulge in. If you’re a fan of light, yet decadent showers, then you’re going to want to check out the Converge.
If you’re the type of person who enjoys versatility in their shower time, you’re going to love the five shower settings, and the one-click switch that gives you complete control over your experience. Between the multiple settings, the artfully engineered shower technology, and the elegant design, it’s hard to ignore the Converge’s value.