Kohler is one of those brands that people just can’t help but adore. They’re known for making elegant bathroom goods that last longer than the Energizer bunny’s drumming sessions, and they’re also regarded as a luxury brand. I mean, who doesn’t want to have a Kohler tub?
The Kohler Underscore is one of the newest offerings from this company. One could surmise that the name is a little nod to how proud their engineers are, and rightfully so.
The Underscore Tub is a tub that underscores the modern look a good bathroom can have, all while giving people the roominess they need in order to enjoy a nice, long soak.
Why Choose This Tub Over Others?
If you’re an aesthetically oriented type of person, the design alone is a great reason why. Kohler’s unique large, square design is one that smacks of serious modernism and makes a strong statement piece in any bathroom design. It’s elegant, simple, and yet at the same time, striking.
Think about it—when was the last time you’ve seen a tub that has a deep-set, rectangular interior? The Underscore also has the added perk of being available in a wide range of different colors, which means your bathroom design won’t be stuck with the typical pearly white.
Along with the tub’s look, its large water capacity, extra lumbar support, and interior flange help make sure that your bathtub sessions feel great and don’t cause any unwanted flooding through your home. The best part of this tub, though, is knowing that you’re getting the kind of quality people think of when they associate with Kohler.
The Kohler Underscore Tub: Top Features
When you’re trying to find the right tub for your bathroom, it’s safe to say that it’s all about finding the one with the best possible features—special tweaks that match up with your home and lifestyle. Wondering what’s going on with this tub’s top features? Check out this list below:
- Back-to-Wall Tub Design. The back-to-wall installation means that this will work with most bathroom layouts. For designers, this means that you don’t have to worry about making extra accommodations to fit your tub in your home.
- 68-Gallon Soaking Capacity. A higher than average soaking capacity means you get the luxury of having a longer, deeper soak. For bathrooms that are low on space, this high-gallon capacity offers a way to maximize space and also give your room a more open appearance.
- Molded Lumbar Support. Though the tub gives an appearance of a perfectly rectangular interior, each Underscore comes with subtle lumbar support added into the tub’s interior.
- Excellent Overflow and Drain Placement. We’ve all seen tubs that had an overflow and drain placement that caused bathers to lose out on extra water. The Underscore is designed to give you the largest soaking capacity possible, which is why they place the overflow fairly high.
- Works Well With Multiple Installation Types. If you are looking for a customized tub appearance, or just want a drop-in install, then you’re going to enjoy the Underscore. In terms of installation, it’s very easy to work with tub.
- Non-Textured Bottom. Did you ever notice how often textured tubs seem to gather extra grit? The bottom of the tub is slick and stainproof, which means that cleaning will be a breeze.
- Ideal For Taller People. The deeper depth and long length of the Kohler Underscore mean that people who might struggle in a standard-sized tub will find the comfort they desire.
Is It ADA Compliant?
Though the Kohler Underscore is a great bathtub for most families, it’s worth noting that it is not ADA compliant. If you or your loved one has mobility-related problems, you will need to find another bathtub to ensure their safety and comfort.
We strongly suggest adding a step stool and handlebars for any individual or family that requires ADA-compliant bathing measures regardless of the tub they choose. For more information, please refer to the ADA site.
The Kohler Underscore tub is a model that is designed to bring out the luxurious side of bathrooms. Its beautiful modern appearance, paired with its deep inset and subtle lumbar support, means that bathers can rest assured they’ll get a spa-like soak at home.
If you’re looking for a bathtub that will make a statement in your home, then Kohler will always provide a nice array of options.
While it’s not ADA-compliant, the Underscore offers bathers a uniquely deep soak that can help ease muscle pain and also keep you feeling like royalty. If you ask us, it’s an investment in your bathroom that you won’t regret.